Monday, January 17, 2011

A Not-So-Good Morning

I woke up this morning with a tire spike lodged in my throat.  You know what a tire spike is, right?  You should alway keep a few dozen in your car in case, y'know, you are being pursued by Lord Humungus and his horde.  

Just toss a few handfuls out the window and your pursuer's tires go kablam. If Mad Max had carried a sufficient quantity of these babies, the movie would have been over in half an hour. 

I am referring, of course, the "The Road Warrior," aka "Mad Max 2," a film that stands out (along with "The Wizard of Oz" and "When Harry Met Sally") as a masterpiece of pacing.

Anyway, I woke up with a tire spike in my throat.  I am expecting it to migrate into my sinuses soon.  

Colds.  Bah!

I am expecting to be well - or at least non-contagious - by Saturday at 2:00 p.m., when I'll be appearing at The Red Balloon Bookshop in St. Paul to sign copies of The Big Crunch and Blank Confession.  Please come if you can.  (I promise not to infect you.  I have mastered the Vampire Sneeze.)

Check out these reviews for The Big Crunch in the StarTribune and the Pioneer Press... (Aargh! The link to the Pioneer Press article has expired. Take my word for it, it was a fabulous review!)

1 comment:

Jennifer Morian Frye said...

Ah, the "Vampire Sneeze", I know it well. Hope you are feeling much better soon. (I thought I was the only one who got tire spikes in my throat....good to know I'm not alone.)