Friday, March 19, 2010

The Results Are In

I fasted for 48 hours, consulted my oracles, asked my Magic 8-Ball for guidance, and viewed the entries several times each on my imaginary 60-inch hi-def plasma monitor. How to choose, how to choose. The two front-runnners, Angel and Subhan, have submitted How to Steal a Car videos of excellent quality, especially considering that they were produced at the last possible minute and without the aid of a munitions expert. How do you make a movie without explosions? Imagine if "Hurt Locker" had no bombs! I tell you, it boggles the mind. Still, they succeeded.
The winner of first prize (a complete set of Pete Hautman YA books) is...
Congratulations, Subhan!
As for the second prize (a $50 gift certificate for the most YouTube views by 3/31/10), Subhan has a daunting lead. (Angel, you must mobilize your relatives, friends, and classmates! I'm pulling for you!)
I will need a physical mailing addresses from both of you (Angel, even if you don't win the YouTube part of the contest, I'd like to send you a couple of books.). Contact me by email, please.
Congratulations to both of you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

subhan's video is a riot. congratulations! he deserves all the books and the fifty bucks!