Sunday, July 8, 2012

CONvergence

This weekend I attended CONvergence, my first BIG con. About 5000 people, at least half of them in costume, took OVER the Doubletree hotel in Bloomington, Minnesota.
I thought I knew how to have a good time, but these people know how to raise GOOD TIME to an art form. By that, I don't mean I personally had the best time of my life (although it was quite fun), I mean the regular attendees looked to be having more fun than a spaceship full of Devonian monkey creatures. Seriously, if I ever enjoy myself as completely and unselfconsciously as those CONvergers did, I would die complete. I mean, where else could you go to walk around irony- and hassle-free in a fringed loincloth and body paint? Okay, maybe a Gay Pride event. But only if you're gay. I should have taken pictures. I should have worn my loincloth. I should be twenty-one again. No. Wait. I take that back. Twenty-one? Never again.

Anyway, it was a fabulous event. I'm looking forward to next year.


No comments: