Monday, March 26, 2012

Elves (or UPS) Left a Present at My Door

There are several rewarding moments that come in the book-making process. The moment when you know your early scribblings are sufficient to build a novel upon. The completion of the first draft. The completion of drafts two, three, four, and so on. The acceptance letter. The check. The first look at cover art. The first advance reading copy. The first positive pre-publication reviews. The first bound book. Showing it to your dog. And then, always momentous, a big brown box appears on the front steps. What could it be?


Official pub date for The Obsidian Blade is April 10, two weeks from the date of this post. On April 14, I'll be doing my first signing, at Wild Rumpus in Minneapolis. There will be chickens and other beasts in attendance. Then, that evening, I'll be at the Minnesota Book Awards Gala in St. Paul, where I get to hang out with my fellow book award finalists and a bunch of other book lovers.

If you can't make it to either of those events, I'll be at St. Paul's The Red Balloon Bookshop on Friday, May 11th.

2 comments:

Christine Benson said...

I have to tell you how much my students and I love your work. You really appeal to my boy readers especially. With your new book coming out(on my birthday no less), I gave you a shout out on my blog. Thought you would want to know.

Pete Hautman said...

Hey Christine, Thanks for the mention on your blog. I knew you were gonna do that (thanks to my time travel portal), so I asked my publisher to release it on your birthday.