Thursday, July 4, 2013

CONvergence


CONvergence is an annual convention for fans of Science Fiction and Fantasy in all media, held each July at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Bloomington, MN. It is insane, and you should go. You can register at the door. The costumes alone are worth the price.

Last year I went to CONvergence just to gawk and talk. I had enough fun to return this year in a more formal capacity. I'll be doing a reading, two panels, and a book signing. Here's my schedule:


Friday July 5, 2013 11:00am - 12:00pm
Reading
Pete Hautman reads from his time-travel novel The Cydonian Pyramid, Book 2 of The Klaatu Diskos.* Panelists: Pete Hautman
Friday July 5, 2013 11:00am - 12:00pm

*In fact, I will be reading from my NEW novel, The Flinkwater Chronicles. Or maybe I'll read a bit from both.

Saturday July 6, 2013 2:00pm - 3:00pm
Panel: Beyond SF 101
There's a lot of advice out there for the beginning writer, this panel is for those of you who have moved beyond that point. Panelists: John Klima, Michael Merriam, Monica Valentinelli, Scott Lynch, Pete Hautman

Saturday July 6, 2013 7:00pm - 8:00pm
Signing: Pete Hautman/Rob Callahan
Pete Hautman and Rob Callahan will be available to sign his work. Panelists: Rob Callahan, Pete Hautman

Sunday July 7, 2013 12:30pm - 1:30pm
Panel: Atheist Authors
How do authors' personal views influence their works? How does the atheist author approach writing the fantastic? Panelists: Melinda Snodgrass, Rob Callahan, Kelly McCullough, Aimee Kuzenski, Pete Hautman

I hope to see some of you there—especially at the reading!

No comments: