Monday, July 26, 2010

Beware of Falling Rocks

Yeah, I know, I wrote RASH five years ago - but I'm still on that pulpit poking fun at how overprotective of our children (and of ourselves) we have become. Recently, I have been discovering that I am not alone. Here's an opinion piece from Forbes, commenting on (among other things) a school that ordered some specimen rocks from a scientific supply company, then decided it was too dangerous for their geology students to handle actual rocks.
They will now be learning about rock types from a poster.

3 comments:

Little Messy Missy said...

Ha! Wow...

sheryl gwyther said...

Here in Australia they are called 'helicopter parents'.
What a shame for those geology students. I know who I'd give a job to.

librarymama said...

Have you seen www.freerangekids.com? She has a post about this same article. So so sad...